Monday, January 18, 2010

James and The Giant Peach Party!!



For Literature, this semester, I read James and The Giant Peach out loud to the class. It's a classic story written by Roald Dahl about a young boy whose life changes for the better when he gets trapped inside a peach. :) To celebrate finishing the book, our class had a "Peach Party"! Everyone was encouraged to bring in something "peachy" to eat as we watched the Disney movie of James and The Giant Peach. Boy! Did we ever have a peach feast! We had homemade peach cobbler, peach pie, peaches and cream, peach yogurt, peach jello, peach smoothies, peach juice, peach fruit cups and peach rings! :) YUM! I was proud of everyone for trying and tasting a little bit of every thing! :)

3 comments:

  1. WE SHOULD MAKE OUR OWN JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH BOOK TO SHARE TO THE WHOLE SCHOOL IN THE LIBRARY!!!1 OR 10 SENTENCES A day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max...you always have the coolest ideas!!! I like the way you think! :)
    Love you!
    Mrs. K :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PEACHS ARE WEIRD AND COOL.

    ReplyDelete